- 15 Things To Do In The City
15 Things To Do In The City
We have compiled a list of 15 things that we recommend that you can do whilst here in Canterbury:
1. Go punting along the river or enjoy a historic river tour
2. Climb Englands largest surviving Medieval Gateway and former city Gaol at The Pound
3. Visit the Goods Shed, a traditional farmers market that can be found next to Canterbury West station
4. Play traditional Kent sport, Bat and Trap at Ye Olde Beverlie
5. Canoe or Kayak along the River with Canoe Wild at Fordwich – only a 30-minute walk from the city centre.
6. Visit the Secret Garden (Greyfriars gardens), home to the oldest Franciscan Chapel in the UK
7. Sample locally made ‘Gypsy Tart’ at The Corner House
8. Take a photo alongside the Crooked Door of Catching Lives Bookshop on the King’s Mile
9. See the latest exhibition at the Sidney Cooper Gallery
10. Treat yourself to a Kentish cream tea at Tiny Tim's – Kent Life magazine's 'Tearoom of the Year'.
11. Visit the clock tower of St. George’s Church, where Christopher Marlowe was baptised. The clock tower is all that survived a German air raid in 1942.
12. Take a peek at the old witch’s dunking seat next to the Old Weaver’s house
13. Try and put your arms around the 200-year-old Oriental plane tree at Westgate gardens
14. Walk along the old city wall in Dane John Gardens
15. Visit Eastbridge Hospital, a welcoming place for pilgrims and visitors since 1190